Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chris expands your musical horizons.

Hello, friends!  I'm currently neck-deep in the production of the Top Secret Internuts Project.  If all goes according to plan, it'll be ready for public consumption next week.  Have your bibs ready because there's gonna be so much drawn butter!*  In the meantime, I'm going to be very lazy and share a bunch of my favorite music mashups instead of, you know, writing words.  Relax, put your earbuds in and I'll see you all next week!


*Plastic bibs are recommended but not required for the enjoyment of the Top Secret Internuts Project.


The Mashups!




Pink Floyd and The Bee Gees...together at last!




I can take or leave Annie Lennox but Adele is awesome and this remix is phenomenal.




Petula Clark's "Downtown" mixed with "Octopus's Garden."  I still can't listen to "Downtown" without thinking about Seinfeld.




Ozzy Osbourne meets A-Ha.  This works surprisingly well!




Nirvana and Michael Jackson.  Do I have to write more?  Listen to this.  Now.




This isn't the best mashup of the group but it does feature Christopher Walken dancing so it's well worth your time!




Alright, these next two aren't mashups at all. They're just really good...




The Punch Brothers (featuring the world's best mandolin player, Chris Thile) covering "Kid A" by Radiohead.  If you only listen to one painstakingly accurate bluegrass cover of a Radiohead song, this should be the one.  For purists only!




And I'll leave you with one of my favorite bands performing one of my favorite songs by one of my other favorite bands.  Please, enjoy The Derek Trucks Band (featuring Susan Tedeschi) performing "The Weight."  Stay clear of that hurricane, Internuts, and I'll seeya back here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment